Thursday 29 August 2013

Great Lengths Ireland Hair Extensions: My experience.

Great Lengths are a global hair extensions brand favoured by the Hollywood elite and available in salons nationwide. The majority of the models I work with have them done and rave about how they are still glossy and glam even 7 months on. When I style press and portfolio shoots the importance of bouncy natural looking hair with a sheen cannot be overstated, the only hair extensions I have witnessed that fit the bill are Great Lengths. They are internationally renowned and worn by celebrities like Ashley Tisdale, Selena Gomez and the creme de la creme of the Irish modelling circuit. I had my Great Lengths extensions put in this week and I am honestly so in love. They are so natural and glamorous. They are a real confidence boost! Needless to say I am a convert.
This is my before picture:


I used a special Great Lengths deep cleansing treatment the night before that removed any oils and product residue in my hair that would hinder the longevity of the bonds. I got my hair done in the Great Lengths HQ in Dún Laoghaire. Great Lengths Ireland is the distributor, educator, marketing and advertising for Great Lengths 100% Human Hair for the use of professional hair extensions. They use the finest 100% human hair of guaranteed origin and ethicality and are considered globally as the Roll Royce of hair extensions. They are a sought -after luxury brand. With more than twenty years of experience and a product portfolio to rival others, Great Lengths hit the Irish Market in 2011 with David Gold’s sister, Katie-Jane Gold taking the reins. Katie-Jane is the C.E.O of Great Lengths Ireland under Katie-Jane Gold enterprises.“Many a time when I would be in my brother David’s house in Rome he would get a phone call from one of the worlds top celebrities, like Whitney Houston or Lisa Marie Presley’s agent looking for hair extensions immediately! It was very exciting at the time!” Says Katie-Jane.

Upon arrival at the salon I had a clear idea in mind of what I wanted. I craved more volume than anything. I wanted my hair to have body and bounce while looking healthy and well shaped and not too much length. I went for the 30cm length in a variety of blonde tones. I had a colour consultation upon arrival. I am naturally blonde and I have been trying to grow out my hair I haven't dyed it in 3 months but that wasn't a problem. That was taken into account and a variety of bright, honey and golden blondes were used in my application. My extensionist was Liz Reilly. I was in good hands! Liz is a sought after hairdresser that has vast industry experience both in a salon for many years and styling hair for glossy magazine spreads. Liz was brilliant at applying the extensions. While getting my extensions done over the space of a few hours I learned a lot about the Great Lengths brand, the application process and aftercare involved. Check out what the keratin bonds look like - they are very small and applied in a manner that they are totally masked by your own hair. I got three inches off mine in the back upon completion as It was my preference for them to be shorter.
During:

I was already a big fan of the products and had been trying them out for the past few weeks. The brush is fantastic as you can brush gently through the extensions as you would your own hair to keep it detangled and prevent matting. At nighttime you can put your hair in a loose plait also to prevent that too and therefore have a soft wave. What is great for me is that the hair extensions have a natural kink or wave so if you pat your hair dry and let it dry naturally as I did this morning you get this gorgeous loose wave. My friends and family have said that they love how real it looks. They complement your own hair and won't cause breakage. I have had bad experiences with other methods and brands so it is a relief to find that my Great lengths Extensions are in a class of their own. I use a special Great Lengths shampoo and conditioner in order to elongate their life and protect the bonds - this is a must. The extensions last anything from 3-7 months based on how you take care of them.


Here is what the back of my hair looked like after my Great Lengths application by Liz Reilly.


And below is the full look! I am so pleased with the result and I would strongly advise that if you are going to get extensions these are such a gorgeous option. The hair is very good quality and you can style it as you please.
You can click here to check out the other girls in the salon on the day and how their transformations went. In terms of prices it is based on the quantity and length of what you require. You need a consultation to determine the pricing. Prices start at €250 but depend on the length and volume of extensions requested – all salons offer free consultations to determine the amount of hair required. What I have gotten done is worth over the €400 mark. For a special occasion like a birthday or Wedding or even just for you - when it comes to feeling confident it is better to go for high quality and get the best rather than pay a smaller amount and have hair that sheds and damages your root and stunts long term hair growth while sliding out in weeks as opposed to lasting for months like Great Lengths do. It is important to me when blogging to be fully honest, and I don't promote a product or service I receive that I wouldn't personally love and be excited about. I think that with saving up it is undoubtedly the best present you can give yourself. There are Great Lengths salons nationwide to find one nearest to you just use their salon locator by clicking here. If you want to find out about how to train to be a Great Lengths extensionist or where to order their products click here. There is free shipping nationwide in the ROI. If you have any queries, or want to speak to an expert, visit www.greatlengthsireland.com also you can find them on Facebook. I will be doing a follow up blog showing a hair diary of how I style my Great Lengths, whether wavy, poker straight, curly, crimped or in an upstyle.
I am pictured above with the lovely Liz Reilly receiving her certificate
If you are looking to get 'Great Lengths' done I can't recommend Liz Reilly enough. She made me feel like a new woman! She is Dublin based and you can get in touch with her on facebook by clicking here.
Great Lengths training
Also, I am styling the big 'U Magazine' competition very soon. The coveted 'Dream Debutante Makeover' from 'Caris Closet' + 'Great Lengths' that is gracing the pages of popular Irish glossy 'U Magazine'. You can win a "Dream Debutante Makeover" worth over a staggering €2500 with thanks to Great Lengths & Caris Closet. It is truly a match made in heaven. I will be styling the winner! You can click here to find out all the details.



xo L


I am a Fashion Stylist, Radio Reporter and Journalist.
My blog 'Lipstick Gossip' showcases what I get up to. 

'Lipstick Gossip' has behind the scenes snapshots from shoots with Ireland's hottest models and top photographers + news backstage at fashion shows, product and service reviews, events and press previews.




81 comments:

  1. Wow your hair looks amazing love the curls!
    Congrats on being shortlisted in the blog awards!
    Hannah :) x

    Love, Life, and Makeup Blog/Twitter/Pinterest

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How many strands of hair or how many bundles did you have? I'm about to get mine done and am wondering how many to go for :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The textures available are straight,wet & wavy,body wave,spanish wavy,and custom blends in any hair color or texture.Our products are 100% human hair.All of our textures can be worn wet & go,blow dried,roller set and flat ironed.Our hair can be purchased on a weft for weaving,bulk for braiding,and pre-tip for fusion.

    curly hair
    straight hair

    ReplyDelete
  5. The warming smell of cinnamon oil and clove bud oil is enough to get your nostrils tanging! The oils combined with bay oil work together to stimulate the scalp and hair follicles for healthy hair growth. hair extensions New York

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing hairs! It gives you a pretty look. Long hair extensions enhance your over all look and appearance. It will make your appearance completely exciting from its previous look. It adds length to your hair and also makes them shining, giving you your desired look. I just love your blog.
    Human hair extensions

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Salon 5 is modern and contemporary hair dressing salon in Wyoming Central Coast. Get modern and stylish hair style, hair color, hair care, spray tan and also amazing Tanning experience.
    hair extensions Wyoming

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,
    I have visited your post and found some information which is very important for me.
    So, please keep posting.
    Buy Hair Extensions

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking for a new hair style! Salon 5 provides best hair color, hair care and hair cut that gives bounce and oomph to your personality. Salon 5 is one of the best Hair dressing salons in Wyoming Central Coast.
    hair extensions central coast, Wyoming nsw

    ReplyDelete
  11. I suppose this info is completely unique.
    visit site

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmm!! This blog is really cool, I’m so lucky that I have reached here and got this awesome information.
    pirater un compte facebook

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting post. I have been wondering about this issue,so thanks for posting.I love their hairstyle, looks natural and made by a professional hair stylist.
    Human Hair Extensions

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hair extensions are one of the tool to improve our appearance, one can use Hair Extension and get log hairy look and other unfulfilled wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I even have been gifted for hours and I haven't suffered such awesome stuff.bubblegum casting

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW, you look so gorgeous with your hair, I'm always dreaming of that kind of hair, and hope someday, if my hair is already thick, I'm gonna copy this kind of hairstyle. My Webblog: Hair transplant in Pakistan

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. We are proud to bring our quality work and products to the market with cutting-edge technologies in the hair science. Outstanding selections and affordable prices are the cornerstone of Royal Hair Extensions.Our well-conceived methods and professional staff are what makes Royal Hair Extensions the world’s foremost authority on hair extensions and hair replacement for women.Fusion Hair Extensions

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is the perfect spot that accommodates all your plastic card printing requirements under one roof. The on-site plastic card printing that we offer our customers, assures that they receive a stock of quality plastic cards that have been created to look pretty exceptional through our high tech plastic card printing process.
    Membership cards

    ReplyDelete
  20. Real hair extensions at Sarah’s Extension- the reliable company when it comes to get good looking hair extensions. Sarah’s offer genuine real hair extension at wide range of prices. Call now at or visit the site for more information.
    Real Hair Extensions

    ReplyDelete
  21. Every day I visit a number of blog sites to see content, however this offers quality based content.
    zala hair brush

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello, I just wanted to say that I really enjoyed your site and this post. You make some very informative points about hair style.Keep up the great work!
    Hair Extensions

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for nice post. It is complicated to me now, but in typical, the efficiency and significance is annoying. Very much thanks again and best of luck!Thanks for sharing.
    Clipping Path service

    ReplyDelete
  24. I really appreciate this post. I have been looking all over for this! I found this site on Google. It was excellent and very informative. I have read a few of the articles on your website now, It's really a great and useful piece of info.

    Indian remy hair

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi, having read this awesome written piece I’m also pleased to fairly share my familiarity here with colleagues.

    highlighted hair extensions

    ReplyDelete
  26. Presenting your Beauty-Hair site are very nice ,We are glad to follow it follow us:-If you are looking for hair styling with the help of hair extensions and looking for Cheap Clip in Hair Extensions then your wait has been over. Different types of hair extensions ranging from Flip in Hair Extensions to I Tip Hair Extensions are there in our website to change your style statements drastically. Best quality Remy Human Hair Extensions is also available in our website for better comfort and feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have visited this site and its blog for more information follow us:-The hair care product are so many available Brazilian Virgin Hair in the market that it has made it possible enough for such high end solutions to get that happen and by that Virgin Remy Hair Extensions possible product ranges it will definitely help the solutions to run on long term basis. The article here mentions Best Clip In Hair Extensions and explains all details Remy Clip In Hair Extensions regarding quality hair care products that are available in the market.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is really pretty cool place I like it because it has everything I want more on this blog soon.

    VISIT PAGE

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your hair is so beautiful, and your blog is very interesting and content rich. Hair extensions is a awesome technique to look beautiful and stylish. I used clip in hair extensions and they are awesome.

    http://www.hairextensionsale.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. This blog has everything, what i need for hair extensions, i regularly follow this blog , keep the good work!

    http://www.hairextensionsale.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  31. The hair designs is very Cheap Clip In Hair Extensions important and with us you can find so many new trends and styles that are coming up that allows us to fit into the designs of every Remy Human Hair Extensions customer. This article pays attention to that point and brings out I Tip Hair Extensions all new types of hair items for Flip In Hair Extensions regular usages.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wonderful looking hair doesn’t have to be for a select few, choose easy to use BuyClip in Hair Extensions in Japan and let your hair do all the talking. Hair extensions have a human feel.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Nice Work.Buy Hair Extensions Accessories in Canada with natural-looking colors. Order hair extensions & get free delivery anywhere. Links are with it close to the scalp allowing extension to conform to your natural hair texture and flow.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I have visited this site but if you really love your hairs visit our site.for more information visit our site.

    If you want to give a new look to your hair style, flip in hair extensions will be the best among other hair styles. Brazilian Virgin Hair style is also may be suitable for giving an unique appearance to you. Virgin Remy Hair Extensions also can be a very good idea to give your hair a special look. Wholesale Hair Extensions are ready to provide you all of the above styles as per your requirement.

    ReplyDelete
  35. The information in this blog is extremely useful for the people.

    vsit site

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hair extensions is a best option for those who consider to get more length and volume. Thanks for sharing about it.
    Human Hair Extension Products

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great Sale! Up to 50% discounted Clip In Human Hair Extensions In USA, with best quality and long-lasting wholesome looking product, which will help you to look beautiful today and forever, limited stock left so hurry and take your Clip in Human Hair Extension

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hair extensions are a great option if you have fine, thin hair, are tired of waiting for your hair to grow, or just want a change. You can simply fill the hair in for thickness, or add luscious length… have the hair you always wanted!
    Click here for Hair transplant surgeons Los Angeles

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hello,

    Excellent post,Your style of presentation is very impressive. I really love it, I think it will be help of all.

    Color correction davie

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  40. we provide the best service of Beauty-Hair follow us on:-The Cheap Clip In Hair Extensions are worth using if the extensions are cheap and not too expensive. The Remy Human Hair Extensions are dynamic and therefore it is hard to ignore the complexity they lend to your head. The I Tip Hair Extensions are fascinating in every way because they attract a large number of people. The Flip In Hair Extensions are great because they can be easily slid into place.

    ReplyDelete
  41. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Thanks for showing these. I haven't seen them elsewhere yet, but I'll look into them.Click here for more informations

    ReplyDelete
  43. Good hair extensions improve your sex life and Hair Extensions are the best!!! Micro Loop Hair Extensions give you confidence to experiment. When I asked my BF if I should cut my hair and he was horrified. That proves my point and I love my abhair!

    ReplyDelete
  44. The Cheap Clip In Hair Extensions are worth using if the extensions are cheap and not too expensive. The Remy Human Hair Extensions are dynamic and therefore it is hard to ignore the complexity they lend to your head. virgin hair extensions

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thanks for your blog, I am really interested in getting hair extensions but am worried about possible risk such as described here: http://beauty.doctissimo.com/hair-care/professional-hair-care-advice/default.html. Has anyone experienced what the natural hair condition is like after the 3-7 months, when the extensions have been removed?

    ReplyDelete
  46. I have goen through your site, this is a good one.for more information please follow our blog:-The fact and Cheap Remy Hair Extensions the most important one which ascertains are all in the fresh or modern improvements Cheap Clip In Hair Extensions stances following up in the years to come. There real importance and all is where business will come Clip In Hair Extensions to meant formatting the proper design beyond as good as above the correct styles to be followed Remy Hair Extensions Clip In.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Care about your hair ,to be glossy , Follow us:-A hair style that a woman wears with her is not only the eminent part in her but also the ones who are beside her. Buy Clip In Remy Hair Extensions never creates any tangles or clipping in the extension and can be carried out easily. All the features like the Best Clip In Hair Extensions, cheap clip in hair extension and the Clip In Hair Extensions with that of the Cheap Remy Hair Extensions have become very important in the life of those who love to style in the latest trends.

    ReplyDelete
  48. I have go through your site,If you want to know more about this please visit our blog:-The fact and Cheap Remy Hair Extensions the most important one which ascertains are all in the fresh or modern improvements Cheap Clip In Hair Extensions stances following up in the years to come. There real importance and all is where business will come Clip In Hair Extensions to meant formatting the proper design beyond as good as above the correct styles to be followed Remy Hair Extensions Clip In.

    ReplyDelete
  49. I have read all blogs and this is a nice one:

    The Clip In Hair Extensions have to be carefully handled from every perspective. The Buy Flip In Hair Extensions advantage is easy to get. The Cheap Flip In Hair Extensions must be judged from the point of view of the expenses. The Flip In Hair Extensions will be useful even in the hair specialist centers where they take care of all those who are looking to do something with their looks.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Gorgeous look of hair styles.Hallie's curls also offering new stunning looks of hair style which would make you so beautiful as you want.I would agree about best hair extensions.



    ReplyDelete
  51. Thanks for sharing excellent information. Your website is very cool. This website has got really useful info on it!

    Peruvian Hair

    ReplyDelete
  52. So cool. I love #613 hair color best although sometimes it makes my skin look a little gray.

    Maya
    http://www.blackhairclub.com
    All things black hair care!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Seduisant Hair Design is your first choice in 100% ethically sourced human Best Hair Extensions Perth. With experience developed from over ten years in the industry we pride ourselves on our reputation as one of Perth’s most experienced hair extension specialists. You can be confident in their individually tailored techniques that will give you specific results in beautiful and natural looking hair extensions every time.

    ReplyDelete
  54. My search for beautiful hair extensions ended with Indus hair extensions. Oh my god these guys are so amazing. I love them like anything. They do not develop unwanted curls and washing them is easy. You can either order online at www.IndusHairExtensions.com or call at 404-966-7806(USA). They also offer free shipping within USA.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Thanks for sharing this information. I was searching in Google on this topic. Great Article. Please Visit:

    Cheap Hair Extensions
    black hair extensions

    ReplyDelete
  56. Hi there and thanks for this interesting and important post.I really enjoy your post Really its amazing.
    Read more about extensions at http://www.invisablend.com

    Human Hair extensions

    ReplyDelete
  57. I really like and enjoy your post. Its really helpful for damaged hair. Human hair extensions are truly great and extremely wonderful for the users.

    ReplyDelete
  58. Very informative information about Hair Extensions, I like this.
    Hair Extensions Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  59. It is a wonderful blog on clip in hair extension it provides good knowledge on the hair styles I prefer this blog and I hope who are reading this blog may like this blog also.

    ReplyDelete
  60. I agree with you. Thank you for sharing the update. It is interesting to have it discussed widely so that we can gain more objective opinions.

    Best product to treat damaged hair & Best hair growth product for natural hair

    ReplyDelete
  61. your are looking so nice with Hair Extensions it really suits your personality. Thanks for sharing this. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  62. It is a very beautiful blog on Brazilian hair extensions it provides good knowledge on hair styles i like prefer this blog. Please Visit:

    Cheap Clip In Hair Extension
    Virgin Hair Fantasy
    Curly Hair Extensions

    ReplyDelete
  63. Nice work in this blog i really like it. I am share of my friends. Thank you.Hair stylist davie

    ReplyDelete
  64. It is very nice blog site. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the good work .Hair stylist davie

    ReplyDelete
  65. Very nice blog and beautiful pic. Thanks for share with us beautiful hair style.
    Hair Extensions Perth
    solid reputation as the market leader in hair extensions in Gold coast, Perth. Hurry up! Book an appointment online and GET 10% OFF.

    ReplyDelete
  66. Click Here Cheap Human Hair Extension

    Got my hair today! Earlier than expected like always. I always get my Human Hair Extension from here. I love them there good length a little thin, but awesome for the price this is about my 3rd pair i order from here and i ordered other company's but this is my favorite. Looking forward to buy more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  67. Interesting post. I actually enjoyed reading through this posting . Many thanks. Well done, my friend, well done.
    Great Lengths Hair Extensions

    ReplyDelete
  68. Hi! Nice blog .You have done a great job. Keep on working. Cirugia Capilar Straightening

    ReplyDelete
  69. Hi,
    I have visited your post and found solution for my problem.. thanks for sharing such a informative postKeratin hair straightening davie

    ReplyDelete
  70. ..Hey great work.. I loved this post..Thanks for sharing this information. Hair Cuttery Davie

    ReplyDelete
  71. Great blog! There is lots of good information, not only me but also everyone can understand it easily...Hair coloring davie

    ReplyDelete
  72. wow..its wonderfull .I like it very much..Thanks for sharing it.. Hair Cuttery Fort Lauderdale

    ReplyDelete
  73. ONYC Hair offer many facilities of exiting kinky straight virgin hair, Virgin and Re my Hair.
    kinky curly hairstyles

    ReplyDelete

  74. It’s really NICE………… I really like this page so much, so better to keep on posting! Thanks…
    Nails salon in davie

    ReplyDelete
  75. I'm constantly searching on the internet for posts that will help me. Too much is clearly to learn about this. I believe you created good quality items in Functions also. Keep working, congrats! full lace human hair wigs

    ReplyDelete
  76. I like your hair. It is really impressive. Start your hair business with no inventory by our wholesale white level products. These hair extensions are super quality and adjust solemnly with any scalp hair.

    ReplyDelete