Tuesday 30 April 2013

RTE 'In Colour' and MRU Magazine feature of the week: Candice Gordon!

MRU Magazine in association with ‘In Colour’ on RTE 2XM have teamed up to showcase homegrown talent through a weekly radio and magazine segment. I am appearing on in colour show every week to review an upcoming unsigned Irish band on air and also select a track from their EP to play on the show. We are looking for bands and solo artists to feature on ‘In Colour’ on RTE 2xm – and the ones that make the cut will not only be featured on air on the Monday but will have a feature written by me about them in MRU Magazine the same week. If you want to feature email me on: tunes2us@gmail.com  You can tweet me on www.twitter.com/lauramullett & my facebook is www.facebook.com/lipstickgossip


My choice this week -out of a pool of undeniable talent - was the mysterious and über-talented Candice Gordon.


Yesterday I reviewed Candice Gordon's debut six track mini album 'Before the Sunset Ends' - It is due for release on May 6th. With the title track from her debut EP, Candice Gordon sets the tone. Her voice has a raw sex appeal and she sounds like something off the soundtrack of a Tarantino flick. Her voice gives you that 'halloween feeling'. The EP was produced by music legend - The Pogues’ Shane MacGowan. It features Gordon’s seductive vocals underpinned with a swelling horn section. Candice is based in Berlin and is somewhat of a nomad. She has travelled from Botswana to Dublin, busking through Asia and travelling with a circus in Croatia and Turkey.
  She is very unique and there is a tenacity in her voice that conveys her explorative nature. 
To hear my full review you can listen back to last nights broadcast of 'In Colour' on RTE 2XM by clicking here !
Candice Gordon
I really enjoyed it and I hope the listeners like it as much as I do! The EP consists of 6 tracks: 'Before The Sunset Ends', 'I See A Demon''Fairytale of Love and Betrayal', 'God, The Devil, and Me', 'Sound Of Horns' and 'In My Garden'. You can check out Candice Gordon live - She is currently touring Ireland. She playing on the 1st of May in the Workman's Club, the 2nd in Bourke's, Limerick. Gordon is performing on the 4th in Murphy's Thomastown, and 5th in Monroe's in Galway.
Make sure to make it your business to attend! My feature article about Candice Gordon will be in 'MRU Magazine' live this Friday.




xo L













No comments:

Post a Comment