Monday 22 April 2013

My night @ The 'Oscars' themed ball!



I was asked to go to the Griffith Ball by one of my closest friends - Katie Coleman. Katie is a photographer and Journalist. Katie and me have been pals since on the first day I met her in class I had a violent coughing fit in front of everyone. She pretended she wasn't embarrassed by sitting beside me and when I fled to the bathroom she followed me in to make sure I hadn't coughed up a lung and she didn't even know my name - And the rest is history! I definitely had the hottest date at the ball haha :)

For the ball my nails didn't really go the way I wanted & I was in a rush but I looked like I had a rainbow disco ball on one nail. This is the problem when you have magpie tendencies and aged 23 cannot resist shopping in Claire's Accessories!



The Griffith Ball had an 'Oscars theme' - what a brilliant excuse to embrace old Hollywood glamour. I wore a dress by a Polish designer with diamond and pearl detailing. I went for Veronica lake waves and a bright red lip. I used liquid eyeliner to make me eyes look bigger and I drew right down into the water line & used black kohl pencil to outline. I am a lover of the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette. It is suitable for every occasion due to its muted matte shades. Lady Danger by Mac is my ultimate lipstick. I love it for daytime and work events too. I used a Benefit Brow kit to enhance my natural brow arch shape. I hope you like my look!



It was a fantastic night at the ball I really enjoyed it. It was very well organised and there was a lovely ambience and atmosphere at it. 'The Unusual Suspects' are the best cover band I have ever heard - I danced the night away with all the girls. It was great to see some old faces & meet some new ones :)
You can 'HYPE' this outfit on Lookbook.nu by clicking HERE !



P.S - Please like & share www.facebook.com/lipstickgossip to read all the latest fashion, beauty, music & media updates! You can also follow me on twitter & drop me a line: www.twitter.com/lauramullett

xo L



No comments:

Post a Comment