Tuesday 24 January 2012

Patch up your wardrobe or floordrobe!






There is nothing better than taking something you wear,
not just casually - but an item you would jazz up for cocktails - and customizing it, while adding a little bit of pizazz.  

For example, a fawn playsuit I picked up in Urban Outfitters last season. I love wearing it as it's comfortable and a colour that complements red lipstick and pale skin. So I can throw it on with tights and an oversized cardi for college or add a pair of funky tights and high heels and head to a night club wearing it. But I felt it was a blank canvas. It was a staple piece of my overflowing floordrobe rather than wardrobe that I wanted to rejuvenate.

 So.... I decided to strategically apply some iron - on patches strategically around the pocket detailing. 

These patches remind me of when I was little and my Mam sowed some in my flared dark denim jeans. In the Spice Girl era I felt like Baby Spice with my super cool jeans funny how thirteen years later I have revisited this idea of my own accord. Style is a bit of a spinning wheel, trends reappear on the catwalks and the streets time and time again, except modified, like the 50's poodle skirt or tying your hair up with a patterned scarf. 

These patches cost under a fiver and not only are they easy to use but look seriously cute and you will be very proud of your handiwork. I used three patches all in varying colours and ironed them on following the foolproof instructions. I selected a rose pattern, a russian doll and an ice- cream. 




My Russian Doll patch




Retro rose tattoo patch





You scream for ice- cream patch



And here is what the finished job looked like & was completed in about 5 minutes. You can find these patches in Hickeys on Henry St. and other stores Nationwide.

Happy customizing! ;)



1 comment:

  1. I like the Russian Doll one the best, all very cute though Xx

    ReplyDelete