Monday 17 June 2013

'Clothes Encounter' Styling Miss Ireland - Rebecca Maguire for 'The Sun'.

I styled Assets model and reigning Miss Ireland Rebecca Maguire for a shoot last week. It had a lolita vibe with a dab of the glamour from the seaside teamed with playful chic. The stores I pulled from were 'River Island' &' American Apparel'. There were flower crowns and bright colours. In some of the looks she was reminiscent of one of the infamous 'Sports Illustrated' models from the eighties. Her legs go on for miles! It is so exciting that we have a reigning Miss Ireland that is so high fashion.
Miss Ireland rocking a pair of ice-cream sunnies!
The Richie | Photography studio has lots of cool quirky backgrounds that really make the different wardrobe options pop. I love the straw bonnet against the red backdrop.

The Über- talent Make up artist at work - 'Make up by Aimee'

Pictured above 'Make up by Aimee' is changing up the model's look. The current Miss Ireland loves storming the runway but looks so at home in front of the camera. Rebecca brought along her crown and a lot of our magpie tendencies went in to overdrive. It is just so shiny!
Miss Ireland crown
I took some behind the scenes shots of the shoot in progress. One of the cutest looks on the model was the River Island neon paradise print crop top teamed with American Apparel velour high-waisted shorts.

Miss Ireland rocking a 'lolita' look!

To finish the look I used an elasticated coral crown beneath the back of the hair and placed it on her forehead. Her hair was then teased by hair stylist Edel Jones in to a beehive voluptuous shape at the crown. I love when models wear Great Lengths Hair Extensions. They look so natural and have great movement.


I am a huge obsessive of flower crowns. I have some really cool ones I have made to giveaway on my blog to celebrate 'Lipstick Gossip' reaching 100,000 reads. These flower hair accessories are the ultimate festival accessory for this season and exude 60's flower child chic. Rebecca towered in Christian Louboutins and was a dream to dress. She wore the white 'American Apparel' swimsuit like a glove. That is one of the main images that is splashed across the article in 'The Sun' newspaper today. I picked this swimsuit not just because of it's amazing high-leg shape but also the colour. Rebecca has a great fair skin tone that teams beautifully with white. She is not your quintessential Irish cailin - she has an exotic glam look about her but she can pull off this suit with style and grace.

American Apparel swimsuit - Photos by ©Richie | Photography
Rebecca Maguire looks edgy and smouldering in this leopard print high waist bikini from American Apparel on Grafton street. The look is teamed with a pony necklace and python and nude studded Louboutins. I am a massive fan of American Apparel. Their items are high quality, and their separates mix and match like a dream whereas they also photograph really well. They have so many options from dance wear ballerina style to edgy varsity queen, they have a wide variety of S/S13 stock. You can check them out on facebook by clicking here
Photos by ©Richie | Photography

I love the Pacha range in River Island. I visited all the Pacha shops last year in Ibiza and picked up some gorgeous intricate embellished goods so it is brilliant to have attire like that available on our shores. There is great movement in the kaftan below - whether draped over a LBD or a sexy swimsuit it   brings a whole new dimension to an outfit. 

Photos by ©Richie | Photography
This Pacha two piece pictured below is a two piece combo from the 'Pacha' for River Island range. It is a fantastic tailored piece with detail on the high waist bottoms that give it a stylish twist. I finished the look with Office skyscraper black heels and spiked gold chains.


Below on the left Rebecca rocks another River Island number that is a bang on trend neon and white structured body con that tapers to hug her shape. Below on the right the model stuns in the iconic American Apparel white swimsuit.
Photos by ©Richie | Photography

The shoot on the day had a very enthused team - celebrated photographer Richie Buttle of Richie Photography was at the helm assisted by Jason Ennis who filmed behind the scenes on the day. Edel Jones was the hairdresser for the photoshoot, make up artist Make up by Aimee showcased numerable make up looks on the model, from sultry smoky- eyed goddess to minimal high fashion looks. I was so delighted to be styling the shoot and I counted myself lucky to be involved with such a talented, fun team. The model Rebecca Maguire was radiant and lit up the studio with her vibrant personality. Truth be told the next Miss Ireland has rather large Louboutins to fill....

Check out the 'Behind the scenes' video on youtube:


Richie | Photography website & twitter: www.richie.ie + www.twitter.com/RichieButtle
Check out the press cutting from today's Irish Sun:

Miss Ireland spread in 'The Sun'
Make sure to check out her news and views in Rebecca Maguire's interview spread in 'The Sun' online today by clicking here . You can follow the lovely Rebecca on twitter by clicking here.

My blog follows my life as an RTE radio reporter, stylist and fashion journalist. For a 'behind the scenes' look behind photo shoots and coverage of festivals, red carpet events, styling Ireland's hottest models & much more you can check out 'Lipstick Gossip' on Facebook by clicking here & my twitter by clicking here.


My instagram is www.instagram.com/champagneandlipstick if you want to check out personal style snapshots! I am styling a lot of different shoots and clients at the moment and I have some exciting styling TV work in the pipeline with a fellow stylist which I am so excited about. I will be featuring in the July issue of 'Xpose Magazine' showcasing my personal beach style which hits the shelves on June 29th.

Tonight I am in the studio in Donnybrook in RTE on 'In colour' on RTE 2XM talking all about 'Summer Blockbusters'.


I will be talking about my favourite Summer movie 'Gatsby' and I also review thriller 'The Purge' and futuristic apocalyptic film 'After Earth' starring father and son duo Will Smith and Jaden Smith. I also talk about the last film of the 'Hangover' trilogy the 'Hangover 3' and whether it gives closure to the storyline. You can tune in from 8pm tonight. Listen online, on digital and on UPC Channel 944. If you check out our Facebook where we will post the link you can click to tune in - www.facebook.com/incolour2xm The show is repeated on air Thursday at 2pm.


Until next time...
xo L



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the post! Really such a nice and decent information shared here with awesome stuff…
    I also provide this service.please visit my site. Suits Ireland Generally I don't learn post on blogs, but I would like to say that this write-up very compelled me to take a look at and do it! Your writing style has been surprised me. Thank

    ReplyDelete