Monday 29 October 2012

My Halloween Outfit: Creepy Doll!



I took the creepy doll route for Halloween. I love doing face paint and bizarre make-up so this was great fun. I kept my body simple and not too white to make the face the full focus of the outfit. I wore two pairs of lashes - top ones in the upper eye crease are eylure double lashes from the Katy Perry range and the bottom ones are a few centimeters below the bottom lash line are from Mac cosmetics in Brown Thomas. My black contact lenses are from Fresh Temple Bar I got my little dolly dress in the infamous vintage quirky style haven Lucy's Lounge! A serious haunt of mine. I love that place - they  are approaching 25 years in business next month which says a lot about what a pearl that store is in Temple Bar. There are so many Halloween bargains to be found in-store. And what I like is that even if someone is dressed up as something similar you can still put your own spin on a worn idea if you take the vintage or handmade route. My dress was only €10. Bargain. In contrast to my dark outfit I had really glam nails in pastel colors. I got them done by the lovely Grace Flood for an upcoming magazine feature. 

My unique nail art with diamond's, bows, skulls and pearls.
You can check out Grace's facebook page with pricing and nail art -  the 'Cherry on Top' page just click here!


I dragged lotso-huggin bear around for doll-like effect! God I love that bear. I had to get him dry cleaned though so to my dismay he no longer smells like strawberries. I got fake blood in the pound shop for €1, my white face paint came in a sachet which I purchased in Georges Street Arcade for €6. I drew stitches on with liquid eyeliner. And used the same to draw on a pair of surprised-looking eyebrows. My socks with ribbons I picked up ages ago and I teamed them with my platform Jeffrey Campbells. I am getting serious mileage out of those shoes! I bought them for a Stellar Magazine shoot last month and we have been irrevocably and passionately in lust ever since. I wear them with skinny jeans to meetings and work functions or when I am interviewing someone. With high quality shoes like that, even with height you have great comfort and they still make a statement.

You can 'HYPE' my look on lookbook.nu for their spookbook.nu Halloween competition



I hope you liked my Halloween look! I'd love to see any of yours? 


Please check Lipstick Gossip out on Facebook click here!

xo L

No comments:

Post a Comment